Friday, March 15, 2013

MyVi Story


So this is my life in short about my struggle with my weight and how I am now fighting back to take back my health…

I have always struggled with my weight. I was always a little chubby while I was growing up. Once I hit my middle school years I became a little more active which helped me start to shed some of it. Yet, I was still considered “bigger boned”. What the hell does that really mean anyways? As I got older and my appearance became more important I did my best at maintaining a healthy weight. I started working out regularly.

By the age of 19 I had become pregnant with my first child and I thought that being pregnant meant that I had to eat for two. I think back now and boy did I eat, I probably ate for three or four really. Once I gave birth to my healthy baby girl, Skyler. I weighed 60 pounds more than I weighed pre-pregnancy. It was a really sad number and the doctors kept saying but it took you 9 months to put it on so expect it to take a year to take it off. Well it dropped off and two years later I welcomed my second healthy daughter, Rylie. Luckily I only gained 17 pounds with Rylie and I was able to lose that fairly easy but I was still holding on to the 60 from my first pregnancy.

So that brings me to present day and the start to my journey with Visalus and the Body by Vi 90 day challenge. My youngest just turned 9; guess who is still hanging on to that weight? You guessed right, me!

Almost a year ago (2012) I was really tired all the time and I had no energy to do anything. There were days that I would wake up and within an hour I was ready to go back to sleep. After dealing with this for about a month I finally picked up the phone and called my doctor. The warning signs were clear but I didn’t acknowledge them. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I should have known better because my mom and sister both take medicine to control hypothyroidism and they had all the same signs and symptoms that I had been showing when they were diagnosed. So the doctor started me out on a synthroid med that my body rejected to start with. I was referred to an endocrinologist, that since starting to meet with her, has been able get my T3 and T4 levels within a normal range. She told me that I would lose a few pounds as my metabolism started to function properly again. Except I think I gained weight instead of lose the weight.

Right around that same time an acquaintance from a previous business adventure had started to promote a 90 day challenge on Facebook. She was losing weight while sharing this wonderful experience of getting healthy with many others. I kept secretly watching her and soon she had earned a BMW besides losing weight all from being on and promoting a 90 day challenge. Now I was even more curious and what was this challenge all about? I would hear her talk about how lucky she was to drink these yummy shakes for breakfast and lunch for less than $2 - $3 apiece and how filling they are. She raved about the shakes and the challenge for months before I finally said enough was enough, let’s give it a try. (Thank you Terry for helping change my life! You are more than an acquaintance now, and you are an inspiration to many!)

Finally at the end of December 2012 I received my first kit just in time for the New Year. I used to have to force myself to eat breakfast 30 minutes to an hour after taking my medicine. Now instead I make myself a Chai tea with my shake mix and it is fantastic! I love not having to force myself to chew food in the morning. The best part of it all is that with the shake mix I am getting all the nutrients I need to keep my body happy and healthy without starving myself. I eat a healthy snack between my breakfast shake and my lunch shake. This is usually a banana and yogurt or a hard-boiled egg and almonds. (I love almonds and I think that I have an almond addiction.) For lunch I have another shake, this one is usually a cold shake and I love to switch the flavors up each day but so far I must say that shake flavor “sex on the beach” is my favorite. I have another healthy snack between lunch and my dinner.

Once I had shifted into my new lifestyle, I then committed to working out at least three days a week. Yea I know three days isn’t much but at this moment in my busy life that is about all I could fit in but I WILL increase that. Don’t you worry! Since then, I have started to slowly take up running. I have been doing this in increments of walking and running. With a goal to be able to run a whole 5K before the Dirty Girl Mud Run that I am registered for mid-August. I recently realized that adding things gradually or making a lifestyle change every week is the best way for me to do this. Instead of taking it all on at once, take baby steps to get there. My goal for this week is to start tracking my calorie intake. I downloaded the app My Fitness Pal and it syncs with my Runtastic Pedometer app that I use to keep track of my run/walks. I love these two apps they are working great for me and trust me I tried many apps before finding these two that I love!

Well now you know how I got started on my journey with Visalus and the Body by Vi 90 day challenge.

I know this blog was all about me and how I got to where I am today but we all have a story and maybe you have a story similar to mine and you just need to relate to be able to notice what needs to be changed in your life. Now that I have shared my story I can start sharing information about the product and how it can benefit YOU like it has benefitted me so far. I will also post pictures of my current challenge and what I thought was easy and what my greatest struggles where while getting started with my first challenge.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment