Monday, April 9, 2012

Wire Artwork and Photos Display Project


“Project of the Week” – 1

Display your family photos and children’s artwork with this inexpensive wire display project.

Materials:

Screws
Wire
Wooden Clothespins
Empty Egg Carton (for paint)

Paint
Small Beads (Optional, see the caption of last photo of this project)

Wire Cutters
Screw Driver

The first thing that you will want to do is paint the clothespins. If you have children you could have them do this while you hang the display. My daughters helped paint the ones I have pictured below.



I have created two different displays but they are made the same. The longer one I used three screws and the shorter one I used only two. You will need to decide how far apart you want the screws to be but on my longer display I have them 40 inches apart. Find the points of where you want to have your screws positioned and fasten the screws in to the wall. Refer to the picture below.


Once the screws have been fastened, you will need to cut a piece of wire that is at least two inches longer than the distance between the screws. Starting at one end of the wire, wrap it around the screw. Stretch the wire across to the other screw and wrap it around to fasten it. If you have more than one screw then repeat the process by connecting the rest of the screws. Refer to the picture below.


Once the clothespins are dry use them to display your photographs and artwork!

This display I added beads to the wire so it wasn't so plain!


Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment